Wednesday, May 20, 2015

What to do with SOUHY?

Hello, this is Div4son,

Earlier this year, I bought 40 shares of BBL (uk version of BHP ADR) when it met my January screen. This investment has served me well with a good dividend yield (>5%). 

As some of you may know, BHP spun off SOUHY yesterday. 

Now, I have (.4x40) 16 freshly minted shares of SOUHY. When I started dividend stock investing, I never really thought too much about events like this. Sure, it is a good problem to have. Usually, I like to analyze the stocks before they get into my portfolio, but it is difficult to see the trends this early.

So, I have a couple of options:

1) sell SOUHY
2) wait and see

Also, what should I do with BBL?

For now, I've decided to wait for a bit until the dust settles. I will be looking out for impacts to BBL as well as dividend information on SOUHY. 

Div4son

No comments:

Post a Comment