Sunday, June 7, 2015

Averaging Down

Dividend Growth Stock Blog Hello, this is Div4son,


After investing $10k last month in some good quality Dividend Growth Stocks, I didn't expect that level of investment again in the foreseeable future.

Definitely, not so soon.

Luckily, I got another bonus from work. I have a love/hate relationship with my work. I love the challenges (and bonuses!), but I hate the time it takes away from my family. But that's another story...

Normally, I would use my bonuses and extra savings to build up my "War Chest" (a.k.a savings/emergency fund).  The size of the fund will be different for different people - and I chose something that is comfortable with me. 

As the war chest is well funded, I am okay to invest anything extra. 

With my regular income and the extra cash, I took the opportunity to average down some of my positions. 

DateActionSecurityPriceQuantity
6/2/2015BuyWMT74.4922
6/3/2015BuyUNP101.717
6/4/2015BuyXOM84.4619
6/5/2015BuyDEO107.3415
6/5/2015BuyPM8020
6/5/2015BuyKO40.1940

That's another $10k which will make my portfolio size close to $60k. It also means my forward dividends will be around $2k a year. Anyway you slice it, that's a good thing. 

I have provided my analyses for 3 of the companies. 
DEO was interesting on Friday. Sometimes, rumors can cause a company stock to fluctuate. 

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/diageos-stock-jumps-in-late-trade-after-talk-of-buyout-interest-2015-06-05

The others (PM, XOM, UNP), I will update my analyses of these great dividends companies from my notes in the next couple of weeks.

UNP is a new position for me. The thing that caught my eye with this company is the growth of the key metrics over the last 10 years. This is even during the recession years!

That's it for now. I am all out of ammo until end of this month. 

D4S


No comments:

Post a Comment