Friday, July 31, 2015

July 2015 Summary

Dividend Growth Stock Blog
Hello,




Wow, July is over. What a busy month! Actually, I was on vacation for most of the month with a couple of long road trips. Therefore, it was pretty amazing that I found some time to update the blog as well as completing a couple my analyses of my recent buys (I still need to work on DOV!). 

I had another busy month with my investments with over $8,000 of fresh capital invested in quality Dividend Growth StocksI started the month with MMM and UNP. MMM was a new position. I bought it before it fell further, but I am not really concerned. My time-frame is 20+ years. I also added NOV, which is another new position. Lastly, I averaged down on the industrials - CAT, EMR and DOV.

This equates to an additional $258 in forward dividends. Essentially, all the hard work means that I have locked in an additional income of $258 every year, which should grow year over year (assuming the companies stay alive and continue to grow their dividends).

The market took a beating at the end of the month. Unfortunately, I was out of capital - so I had to sit it out. Next time, I make sure I have a bucket ready.

 "When it's raining gold, reach for a bucket, not a thimble." - Warren Buffett

FreeDigitalPhotos.net (koratmember)


This was actually a good thing. I could spend more time with family doing the important things in life.

My portfolio also took a beating but the only clear metric is the dividends income, which is slowly growing every month.

Here’s my summary of blog posts, investments and dividends for July 2015.

Summary of Blog Updates and Analyses

Dividend Stock Analyses




Updates


Investments


Purchases - $8196
Estimated Forward Dividends - $258


Date
Transaction
Ticker
Price
Quantity
Dividend
Est Forward Div
7/8/2015
Buy
MMM
153.82
10
4.10
41.00
7/8/2015
Buy
UNP
96.22
17
2.20
37.40
7/17/2015
Buy
NOV
42.71
35
1.84
64.40
7/22/2015
Buy
CAT
80.00
15
3.08
46.20
7/22/2015
Buy
EMR
51.95
20
1.88
37.60
7/22/2015
Buy
DOV
64.44
20
1.60
32.00


Portfolio Percentages




Sectors




Dividends


Dividends Received - $127



Forward Dividends - $2399



Summary of Dividend Growth Investment portfolio

Total Valuation
75,348.63
Total Cost
75,207.16
Total Gain
0.19%
Est FW Div
2399.75
Est Yield
3.19%

How was your July? Did you catch some gold with your bucket?

Thanks
D4S

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great month Div4Son! Way to put $8K of fresh capital to work for you. You made some great buys this past month. We own 4 of the 6 companies from your recent purchases. Should be exciting to see the $258 in forward dividends show up in upcoming monthly summaries. Keep the momentum going!

    Best wishes and continued success on your journey to FI! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AFFJ,
      Thanks for all your support. It's amazing, isn't it. The future income is what it's all about.
      I am glad to be a fellow shareholder for 4 of the companies. I hope that the market stays depressed so that I can make my investments work harder.
      Thanks for visiting.
      D4s

      Delete
  2. Great progress, Div4Son. Looks like some great new purchases. The industrial sector sure is offering some quality companies at a discount.

    Congrats on the dividend income and thanks for sharing. Keep it up
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R2R for your comments. I agree with you on the industrial sector being on discount. I would be happy to shop more if it continues this way.
      Thanks for visiting and all your support.
      D4s

      Delete
  3. D4s,

    Wow. Great month right there. The amount of capital you put away this month was really impressive - that's more than a lot of people invest in an entire year. :)

    Is that going to be a regular occurrence or was this a one-off month? Either way, awesome work. This month alone will make a solid difference for you for the rest of your life.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason,

      Thanks for your support.

      You know, being in Texas, I need catch up with MDP. Joking aside, I plan to invest ~$3-5k a month, and more if I have extra. The last 3 months were pretty good in terms of income, so I invested it all.

      D4s

      Delete