Monday, August 24, 2015

Keep Calm, Invest and Collect your Dividends


I created the picture below earlier in the year to remind me on what is important when the market is volatile (like today!)

Remember to keep calm and collect your dividends. Continue to invest regularly on high quality companies with excellent dividend growth. 


My view on dividends investing is to lock future income. Instead of locking $35 a year for every $1000 invested, you are locking in $40 or more when the market is depressed. 
Note: with dividend growth, that income will double every 8-10 years.

Of course, it's okay to disagree with me, and panic away. 

D4s

4 comments:

  1. "Be greedy when others are fearful" a wise man once said. ;) And that is just what we did. We always have a few limit orders in place. Well, today we are thankful we set them. A total of 8 limit orders were executed today (post with details coming later this week). If the market stays on sale tomorrow, we may just continue to buy into the sale. :)

    AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AFFJ,
      I wonder who said that :)
      Unfortunately, I am not in a position to buy into the market aggressively now due to property taxes and insurance. However, I did manage a trade today using the weekly sharebuilder plan.
      Congratulations on your purchases. Eight buys will definitely help your dividend income.
      D4s

      Delete
  2. Definitely keep calm and continue buying. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tawcan, indeed. I think I will utilize the weekly program from sharebuilder to continue my investments. It helps to reduce the noise further.
      D4s

      Delete