Thursday, January 21, 2016

Recent Buys (Tax Deferred) - MMM, DEO, UL

With the market dropping like a stone, I bought some shares in the following companies:

Date
Transaction
Ticker
Price
Quantity
Amount
1/13/2016
Buy
MMM
138.99
20
2792.55
1/15/2016
Buy
DEO
101.88
30
3069.45
1/15/2016
Buy
UL
40.13
75
3022.50



For MMM, my goal is to average down on my recent purchase. Now, my cost basis is in the low 140s. The next purchase is when MMM hits the high 120s.

For DEO, I love the fundamentals of this company. People need a drink once a whole. Especially Guinness! I would be happy to buy below 110. When it reaches close to 100, then you can't complain.

UL is my international version of PG that I like to load up on. Whenever it dips close to 40, I am happy to buy.

Previously, my funds were tied to a mutual fund which was capital gains related only.

Note that for this portfolio, I am focusing only on high quality ‘AAA’ companies. Something that I will buy and forget until 10+ years when I start collecting the income.

I plan to slowly liquidate my mutual funds and add to these companies.

With the purchases, my forward annual dividends is increased by $311.50.

Thanks for reading!
D4s

6 comments:

  1. Awesome buys D4S. All quality names. Thanks for sharing and happy hunting. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Div Hustler. Just trying to be like you and hustle away. :)
    D4s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, came out swinging! Some nice purchases. Always love MMM. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adam. I am just trying to invest as regularly as possible. The market noise is definitely difficult to filter.
      D4s

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. DividendTime, I am not sure it is related to timing. I am just investing as regularly as possible. Even a broken clock is right twice a day! But I'll take it anyway :)
      D4s

      Delete