Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Recent Purchase - VFC


I recently posted my August considerations for DGI investments. Well, I didn’t wait too long. Nope, not AMGN, ABBV nor GILD. Still waiting for these to drop a little more :)

Today, I bought 26 shares of VFC. This time, I bought it in my taxable sharebuilder’s account. (It’s definitely good to be able to buy using both accounts.)

Action
Security
Price
Quantity
Amount
Buy
VFC
$59.8
26
$1562 (+fees)

The dividends per share is $1.48 which is around 2.47% yield. This purchase increases my forward yearly dividends by $38.48.

Nothing much changed about VFC since the last time I bought it in April. You can read more of my analysis of the VFC, valuation and risks here: https://div4son.blogspot.com.co/2016/04/recent-buys-tax-deferred-vfc.html

My strategy when I first bought VFC is to average down when the price dips. I think this is likely in this heated market.

My next purchase point will be when VFC hits the mid 50s.

What do you think of VFC?

D4s

6 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love some nice shoes? Looks like a good buy D4S, buying as the price gets lower is a good way of taking advantage of dropping prices (rather than looking at your portfolio and the value dropping).

    Tristan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tristan. This method works if the company has quality written all over it. Otherwise, there is a risk of a value trap. I think VFC is okay. I take a small hit with the fees though. I think about not eating my burger and having a simple salad tonight to offset the fees :)
      D4s

      Delete
  2. I really like VFC as a company but I'd really like to see a pullback into the mid to low 50s before I make my first purchase. I think these guys have a great group of brands and solid cash flow that should make them a long term winner for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - if it drops to the low 50s, I will be definitely buying more.
      D4s

      Delete
  3. I like VFC too but man, everything is so overbought right now. Looking at my fast graphs of just about every stock shows most stocks going far ahead of earnings. Its tough to decide if this is the next norm for the next 3 years, or if we will get a pullback. If no correction coming, then we need to keep at the buying as DGI's! Anyway, congrats on the buy adding to your income!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam,
      Yes - everything is very expensive these days. I want to purchase more - but the prices are way too high.
      Thanks for your comment!
      D4s

      Delete